How to apply for a driver license if you are over 18,California driver license-driver license test
firstly,If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driver license (DL) from your home state or country, you may drive in this state without getting a California Driver License as long as your home state Driver License remains valid.that is not expired.
Secondly,If you become a California resident, you must get a California DL within ten (10) days. Residency is established by voting in a California election, paying resident tuition, filing for a homeowner’s property tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents.
To apply for an original California Driver License if you are over 18, you will need to do the following:
- Complete a Driver License or Identification Card Application by contacting us
- Provide your social security number (SSN). It will be verified with the Social Security Administration while you are in the office if you dont have inform us
- Verify your Identity. If your current name no longer matches the name on your Identity document, see “True Full Name” and “How to Change Your Name” for more information.
- Provide your true full name.
- Present your acceptable residency document if you have never had a California DL or California identification (ID) card.
- Pay a nonrefundable application fee.
- The fee is good for 12 months. (If all requirements are not met within 12 months, the application will no longer be valid and you must reapply.)
- Allows you three (3) attempts to pass each of the required knowledge tests. (If you fail the same knowledge test three (3) times the application will no longer be valid and you must reapply.)
- Allows you three (3) attempts at the driving test.
Important: If you fail the driving test, you must pay a retest fee of $7 for subsequent test(s) and schedule the driving test for another day. If you fail the driving test three (3) times, the application will no longer be valid and you must reapply.
- Give a fingerprint scan.
- Pass a vision exam
- Have your photograph taken.
- Pass the knowledge test(s).
- If applying for a REAL ID DL or ID card, you must provide proof of your Identity, SSN, and residency from the list of acceptable REAL ID document options.
- N:B .But all this process are difficult that bis why we are here to assist you with your order stress free you will not need to go through this long process.
You will then be issued an instruction permit if you have never been licensed before. When you practice, you must have an accompanying adult who is 18 years of age or older, with a valid California DL. This person must be close enough to you to take control of the vehicle if necessary. It is illegal for you to drive alone.
If you have a DL from another country, you will be required to take a driving test. If you have a DL from another state, the driving test may be waived.
To take your driving test, you will need to:
- Make a driving test appointment. (Driving tests are not given without an appointment.) You may also call 1-513 399 6764.we are always available 24\7.
- contact us for more details so we can make things easy for you.
After you pass your driving test you will be issued an interim DL valid for 90 days until you receive your new photo DL in the mail. Double check your address and DL classification, including endorsements and restrictions, before you leave DMV. Notify the DMV representative if you have moved or if your information is incorrect. If you have not received your DL after 60 days, call 1-800-777-0133 and they can check on the status for you. Have your interim DL with you to provide information when requested.
How to apply for a commercial driver license
A commercial driver license (California Driver License) is a license issued in accordance with Federal Regulations that allows an individual to operate a commercial motor vehicle (CMV). Federal regulations require that an applicant be 18 years or older to apply for a California Driver License and be issued a commercial learner’s permit (CLP).California driver license
Note: If you apply to upgrade or add an endorsement to your driver license (DL), you must complete the process within 12 months. Otherwise, you may not receive your renewal notice in the mail.
You may drive for hire within California if you are 18 years of age or older and do not engage in interstate commerce activities. (VC §12515) (VC §12516) You must be at least 21 years old to drive a CMV in interstate commerce or transport hazardous materials or waste.
If applying for a REAL ID California Driver License , you must provide proof of your Identity, social security number (SSN), and residency from the list of acceptable REAL ID document options.